[tex-k] Updmap-sys does not leave out MAP file fragments in /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/web2c/updmap-local.cfg

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Jun 14 00:17:39 CEST 2011

    Do I need to re-read the
    documentation since there something changed from TL '10?

Nothing has intentionally changed here.

    Nevertheless 'updmap-sys --listmaps' (version 1211742332) lists these
    MAP file fragments:
            Map SkakNew.map

That updmap-sys is from 2008.  I switched to a comprehensible --version
string a couple years ago.

    In /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/web2c/updmap-local.cfg I have
    #!SkakNew.map

1. Well, does "Map SkakNew.map" end up in the final updmap.cfg?
2. I suggest trying again with the current updmap (and everything else).