[tex-k] Path without !! but with a ls-R file

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Wed Nov 18 15:55:23 CET 2009

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard a écrit :
>> Anyway II, isn't reimplementing all this (il)logic in texdoc bound to be
>> problematic?  You can't run kpsewhich?  Can we add something to
>> kpsewhich so you could run it?
>>
> I was thinking about that for a moment. The point is, I'm not sure
> exactly what I would need.

Well, after a bit more thinking, ideally I'd want a Lua iterator
kpse.files(path) to do things like:

for file in kpse.files('TEXDOCS') do
  do_stuff_with(file)
end

or any other way to apply a arbitrary Lua function to every file found
in a path given by a kpse variable. (That means the file selection is
done by the Lua function, not by kpse, which would be used only to
traverse the tree and/or associated ls-R database.)

I must admit I have no idea of how difficult this would be. And if it is
difficult, I can fairly well live without it.

Manuel.