[tex-k] libpoppler support in TeX Live source tree

Peter Breitenlohner peb at mppmu.mpg.de
Tue May 5 17:43:25 CEST 2009

On Tue, 5 May 2009, Norbert Preining wrote:

> Attached is a patch that makes texlive compile with
> 	TL_CONFIGURE_ARG="--with-system-xpdf" ./Build
> so xetex, luatex, pdftex use libpoppler now.
>
> The changes are more or less the same in all three programs, only the
> pdftosrc.cc in pdftex is a problem as described above.

Hi Norbert,

nice work, however:

(1) before including any of that I'd like to have an OK from Jonathan (for
xetex), Taco (for luatex), and Thanh (for pdftex).

(2) the patch isn't quite what I want. I assume on your system you get
 	pkg-config poppler --cflags => '-I/usr/include/poppler '
and consequently the Makefile contains
 	XPDF_INCLUDES = -I/usr/include/poppler -I/usr/include/poppler/goo
where the second piece could even now go away. Thus, in
luatexdir/image/pdftoepdf.cc, you ought to use
 	#include <poppler-config.h>
 	#include <goo/GooString.h>
 	#include <goo/gmem.h>
 	#include <goo/gfile.h>

Moreover in the pdftex/luatex/xetex files I'd prefer
 	#include <Object.h>
instead of
 	#include "Object.h"
etc., but that might be an independent changeset.

Regards
Peter