[tex-k] libpoppler support in TeX Live source tree

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Wed Mar 18 15:10:24 CET 2009

On Mi, 18 Mär 2009, Peter Breitenlohner wrote:
> you guys better come to an agreement.  I can well imagine to have a
> configure option to use an installed libpoppler instead of libxpdf, but that
> would then be the same for all three: pdftex, luatex, and xetex.
>
> I strictly refuse to even consider the situation where in one TL build
> (configure + make + install) one program uses libxpdf and another one uses
> libpoppler -- no way for such a nightmare.

100% agreed. It is an either or. The patch I send to the code (and auto
stuff) is an absolute switch, that is bad.

The default should be xpdf.

Fortunately the code changes are minimal.

Yes please all of you real programmers, ...

Best wishes

Norbert

The fronting for the eighty-yard long marble-topped bar
had been made by stitching together nearly twenty thousand
Antarean Mosaic Lizard skins, despite the fact that the
twenty thousand lizards concerned had needed them to keep
their insides in.
                 --- The Book decribing Milliways' politically incorrect
                 --- decor.