[tex-k] [Fwd: Re: limiting \write18]

Peter Breitenlohner peb at mppmu.mpg.de
Wed Mar 4 20:03:41 CET 2009

On Wed, 4 Mar 2009, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> That reminds me that I have a warning to give to both Peter and
> Christian:
>
> The new metapost is implemented in CWEB, and has a completely different
> (but fairly simple) build system from the current pascal-web based
> release.

Hi Taco,

yes I know, and there are already other CWEB programs.

I have already processed luatexdir/lua/mp.w, and only hpoe there will be
just one version of it (standalone and for luatex).

A completely different question: can you tell me what is the difference
between 'i386-mingw32-gcc' and 'i386-cygwin-gcc -no-cygwin' (the precise
syntax is probably somewhat different).  Shouldn't these two produce the
same binaries?

Regards,
Peter