[tex-k] tl build and luatex [Fwd: Re: limiting \write18]

Peter Breitenlohner peb at mppmu.mpg.de
Wed Mar 4 19:05:34 CET 2009

On Wed, 4 Mar 2009, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

>> Do you need a multithreading version of libzzip.a?
>
> No (luatex 0.40 doesn't do threading at all).

That certainly makes life much easier. (I forgot to mention that the mingw32
part of lua51 is still missing).

Taco,

I just committed the uncontroversial part of your mingw patches to both
texlive and testlive.  Note, however, that I chose to rename selfdir into
kpse_selfdir as IMHO it ought to be for an exported function.

I then tried to change the use of that in luatex accordingly, but didn't
find any (probably only in luatex 0.40).

Regards,
Peter