[tex-k] [KPATHSEA] KPATHSEA does not find files in TEXMFHOME

Thomas Reisinger thomas.reisinger at de.abb.com
Wed Jul 15 09:31:08 CEST 2009

Dear KAPATHSEA programmer,

I spent some time by trying to get my TexLive 2008 system running on
Windows XP (SP3). But finally I get stuck in some KPATHSEA problem. More
precisely, I do not know if it is a problem but I do not understand its
behavior.

The task I try to accomplish is as follows: with the command
        kpsewhich abbtechnote.cls
I try to find a LaTeX class file in my home directory. According to the
documentation, I set the TEXMFHOME in the config-file like
        TEXMFHOME = ~/.texmf/tex/{latex,generic,}//
and the file resides in
        ~\.texmf\tex\latex\ABBstyles\abbtechnote.cls
Unfortunately, KPATHSEA does not find the file while it is travelling
through the directories: