[tex-k] bld-test-1.1

Peter Breitenlohner peb at mppmu.mpg.de
Thu Feb 5 13:14:48 CET 2009

On Tue, 3 Feb 2009, Karl Berry wrote:

>    1. I assume --with-x-toolkit is obsolete
>
> It seems so.
>
>    and can be removed (causing configure to abort if this option is
>    given).
>
> Why not just ignore it?  I mean, don't ever define it, then it will be
> ignore just like any other unrecognized --with-foobar or
> --enable-foobar.  That's the usual behavior.

OK, that means I can ignore texk/kpathsea/xt.ac.

Another question: It seems, that GETCWD_FORKS provided by
texk/kpathsea/common.ac is only used in texk/kpathsea/xgetcwd.c and
therefore should better be in texk/kpathsea/configure.in (or .ac).

Are there still systems needing that?  And if so, does the test really work.
I am sure it does for a static libc but have doubts for a shared libc
where fork/vfork might be bound to the libc versions.

Regards
Peter Breitenlohner <peb at mppmu.mpg.de>