[tex-k] bld-test-1.1

Peter Breitenlohner peb at mppmu.mpg.de
Tue Feb 3 12:26:49 CET 2009

On Mon, 2 Feb 2009, Peter Breitenlohner wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Jan 2009, Peter Breitenlohner wrote:
>
>> a second version of this is almost finished, lacking mostly some clean up.
>> For the moment just a short summary.

Hi Karl,

yesterday evening I started with bld-test-1.2, integrating the real
texk/kpathsea directory (mostly done).  Adding other libraries and programs
should be not too difficult, except of course for texk/web2c.

A few related points/questions:

1. I assume --with-x-toolkit is obsolete and can be removed (causing
configure to abort if this option is given).

2. I'd very much appreciate if you could categorize all directories
libs/*/, utils/*/, and texk/*/ currently in the TL tree:
 	not used for a binary build
 	maintained independently
 	maintained inside the TL tree

3. As soon as I start adding more subdirs to bld-test-x.y things will become
rather large.  Thus I'd like to put them into TL svn under, e.g.,
Build/source-new.  OK?

Regards
Peter Breitenlohner <peb at mppmu.mpg.de>