[tex-k] install-tl

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Thu Sep 4 00:25:28 CEST 2008

Peter Breitenlohner writes:
 > Hi Karl,
 >
 > I just installed TeXlive (scheme teTeX) into my $HOME from my local
 > copy of the current svn.
 >
 > (1) I got a broken symlink ps4pdf->../../texmf-dist/scripts/pst-pdf/ps4pdf

Hi Peter,
there seems to be a bug indeed:

Does it work if you change the symlink to point to

  ../../texmf-dist/scripts/pst2pdf/pst2pdf.pl

?  There is a file texmf-dist/scripts/pst-pdf/ps4pdf in the repository
but it doesn't exist on an installed system.  And

   grep ps4pdf tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb

provides

   bin/<many platforms except Windows>/ps4pdf
   bin/win32/ps4pdf.bat
   texmf-dist/scripts/pst-pdf/ps4pdf
   texmf-dist/scripts/pst-pdf/ps4pdf.bat
   texmf-dist/scripts/pst-pdf/ps4pdf.bat.noMiKTeX
   texmf-dist/scripts/pst-pdf/ps4pdf.bat.w95

Hence it should be installed.

 > (2) I suppose the whole installed tree contains no absolute paths,
 > and I can move it later to some other place with no harm. Correct?

Correct.  And the difference between TL-2008 and former releases is
that even on Windows it's sufficient to set %PATH% appropriately.
Siep Kroonenberg spent an enormous amount of time in order to make
this happen.  I'm deeply grateful.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25