[tex-k] problem with debian's latest bibtex

Hadmut Danisch hadmut at danisch.de
Wed Jan 23 22:08:40 CET 2008

Hi,

I am writing a book with TeX. Since recent upgrade of my debian
machine bibtex does not work anymore. When running bibtex, it issues
error messages

I found no \bibdata command---while reading file Adele.aux
I found no \bibstyle command---while reading file Adele.aux

Current version of texlive's tex does not seem to generate
bibdata and bibstyle commands anymore.

In my book, even with older versions of tex the bibdata and bibstyle
commands have never been in the aux file of the main tex file, but in
the aux file of included subfiles.

So anything is wrong.

regards
Hadmut