[tex-k] strange behavior of METAFONT

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Sep 28 00:42:24 CEST 2007

    If I start mf and misprint the name of the input file, I recieve a
    message: ``Please type another input file name:''.
    Afterwards, it seems that there is no way to use the \relax command in
    the same session.

Sorry, but I'm not sure what you mean.  True, you can't type \relax to
"Please type another...", since it's not a (useful) filename.  But back
at the * prompt, either \relax or relax should work ok.  Does for me.

If you're looking for a way to get out of the "Please type another input
file name:" without reading your actual file, enter "null" -- that will
read the standard null.mf file, which is just a no-op.

karl