[tex-k] xdvi won't obey options

Rodolfo Medina rodolfo.medina at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 13:02:19 CEST 2007

Stefan Ulrich <stefanulrich at users.sourceforge.net> writes:

> 'xdvi -h' says:
>
> Please send bug reports, feature requests etc. to one of:
>    http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=23164&atid=377580

Rodolfo:

>> It seems that suddenly my xdvi (xdvik version 22.84.1) won't obey options
>> like
>> -sidemargin, -topmargin, -hl, whereas the -gamma option seems to work.

Stefan:

> I can confirm that there's a bug with the -(side|top)margin options
> when opening a DVI file: The first page isn't scrolled correctly, but
> subsequent ones should be. Note that the -keep flag prevents xdvi from
> jumping to the 'home' position which is set by these flags; do you have
> -keep enabled? (Maybe as an X resource? Try +keep on the command line
> to disable it.)
>
> As for -hl, that should work. What are you using, what do you expect
> to see and what happens?

Thanks: with `+keep' top and side margin seem all right now.  `-hl' is not so
important after all.  I say `-hl brown' and get blue instead.  But what is quite
important is the Ctrl-+ function, which does not work, whereas Ctrl-- works
fine.  It is much faster than using the `s' key, so I wish I could fix it.  Any
hint?

Thanks sincerely,
Rodolfo