[tex-k] dvips: BeginPaperSize in postscript DSC

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Nov 15 02:50:46 CET 2006

Hi Pierre,

    2.0 vs PS 3.0 header, because there is more to PS 3.0 than the format of
    Structuring Comments.

Right.  I see no prospect or reason to change the 2.0 header at this
point, certainly not for TL 2006.  But I bet that %%PageMedia will be
interpreted by most software regardless of the 2.0 vs. 3.0.  In
particular, I understood your previous msg to say that it was so
interpreted by Ghostscript.  Was that right?  I confess I haven't been
able to check myself.

    The alternative would be a conditional in config.ps.  Is that possible?

No.  (I mean, not without additional implementation work, which isn't
going to happen any time soon, if ever, barring volunteers. :)

Thanks,
Karl