[tex-k] dvips: BeginPaperSize in postscript DSC

Jean-François Mertens jfm at core.ucl.ac.be
Fri Nov 10 04:16:45 CET 2006

On 10 Nov 2006, at 03:13, pierre.mackay wrote:

> I don't find either the 2.1 %%PageSize comment or any of its
> friends in the output of DVIPS.  What I do find is
> a  /PageSize . . . . . def. which I suppose is generated from the %%
> PageSize comment line.
The tread mentioned PaperSize, not PageSize ..

My config.ps starts (I mean, the '@' lines) with:

@ A4size 594.99bp 841.99bp
@+ ! %%DocumentPaperSizes: a4
@+ %%PaperSize: A4

(which is the one recommended in dvips.info; don't remember editing it,
this is on a machine I configured in a rush _ maybe just with
texconfig or the like)

and it does exactly what dvips.info (ie, `info DVI-to-Postscript`)
says it should:

the ps-file will indeed contain
%%DocumentPaperSizes: a4
	(in the initial comments) , and