[tex-k] HyperTeX tags

Heiko Oberdiek oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de
Wed Mar 1 01:53:49 CET 2006

On Tue, Feb 28, 2006 at 11:53:10PM +0200, Oleg Katsitadze wrote:

> However, I now see a couple of lesser issues (some people
> are just never satisfied with what they get ;).
>
> First, although the resulting PDF now contains the
> definition for the named destination "dest":
>
>   5 0 obj
>   <</dest [4 0 R /FitH 841]>>endobj
>
> the link to this destination inside to.tex actually does not
> use it, it just keeps linking to the page:
>
>   14 0 obj
>   <</Type/Annot
>   /T(dest)
>   /Rect [72 388 279 400]
>   /Border [1 1 1[]]
>   /C [0 0 1]
>   /Dest [4 0 R /FitH 841]
>   /Subtype/Link>>endobj
>
> But this is not that important, anyway.

Probably, a more intelligent hps.(l)pro is needed, but
I haven't the time for it.

> Second, I've tried to shift the destination vertically, and
> the numbers in to.ps seem to change:
>
>   /TargetAnchors
>   1 dict dup begin
>   (dest) [2 [72 660 163 672] 841] def
>   end targetdump-hook def end
>
> against
>
>   /TargetAnchors
>   1 dict dup begin
>   (dest) [2 [72 757 163 769] 841] def
>   end targetdump-hook def end
>
> However, the dest in to.pdf never changes, and seems to
> point the top of the page, instead of the actual location:
>
>   5 0 obj
>   <</dest [4 0 R /FitH 841]>>endobj
>
> (both times the same; it takes that last 841 from to.ps).
> But maybe this is not a bug, just limitation of Ghostscript?

No, the code in hps.lpro only uses the page number and the last
number as /FitH parameter and throws away the rect array.

>   (dest) [2 [72 660 163 672] 841] def

"2" is the page number, "841" the parameter for /FitH
(probably the paper height) and "[72 660 163 672]" is
not used.

The code in hps.(l)pro can be rewritten, using the rectangle
and also /XYZ instead of /FitH, but there is no interface where
the behaviour could be configured and the people would cry
"compatibility" if the current behaviour is changed.

Yours sincerely
  Heiko <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de>