[tex-k] HyperTeX tags

Oleg Katsitadze olegkat at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 22:53:10 CET 2006

On Tue, Feb 28, 2006 at 01:39:10PM -0600, Karl Berry wrote:
> Oleg, if you want to try it out with your ps2pdf stuff for immediate
> gratification, you can just replace the /targetvalidate...bind def in
> hps.pro with Heiko's routine.
> whitespace is removed in the .pro files, but that's not important.

I've tried and it's working!  Thanks!

However, I now see a couple of lesser issues (some people
are just never satisfied with what they get ;).

First, although the resulting PDF now contains the
definition for the named destination "dest":

  5 0 obj
  <</dest [4 0 R /FitH 841]>>endobj

the link to this destination inside to.tex actually does not
use it, it just keeps linking to the page:

  14 0 obj
  <</Type/Annot
  /T(dest)
  /Rect [72 388 279 400]
  /Border [1 1 1[]]
  /C [0 0 1]
  /Dest [4 0 R /FitH 841]
  /Subtype/Link>>endobj

But this is not that important, anyway.

Second, I've tried to shift the destination vertically, and
the numbers in to.ps seem to change:

  /TargetAnchors
  1 dict dup begin
  (dest) [2 [72 660 163 672] 841] def
  end targetdump-hook def end

against

  /TargetAnchors
  1 dict dup begin
  (dest) [2 [72 757 163 769] 841] def
  end targetdump-hook def end

However, the dest in to.pdf never changes, and seems to
point the top of the page, instead of the actual location:

  5 0 obj
  <</dest [4 0 R /FitH 841]>>endobj

(both times the same; it takes that last 841 from to.ps).
But maybe this is not a bug, just limitation of Ghostscript?

Anyway, thanks for the impressively quick solution to the
original problem,
Oleg