[tex-k] xdvik BUG upon redisplay with just touch'ing file.dvi

Donald Parsons dparsons at brightdsl.net
Mon Apr 10 04:37:26 CEST 2006

On Mon, 2006-04-10 at 00:47 +0200, Stefan Ulrich wrote:
> Donald Parsons <dparsons at brightdsl.net> writes:
>
> > I have this little drawing (see below) that rotates 90 degrees upon
> > redisplaying and is truncated on bottom.
>
> This looks like an instance of bug #514214 which has been fixed in
> more recent versions of xdvi(k):
>
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=377580&aid=514214&group_id=23164
>
> Note however that xdvi will not always display Postscript
> specials correctly; it's usually better to view them
> in a real Postscript viewer.
>
> Best,
> Stefan

Thanks, the latest version from sourceforge fixed the problem.  I
just replaced the xdvi.bin with newly compiled one.

xdvi -version
xdvik version 22.84.10 (@(#)Motif Version 2.2.3, runtime version 2.2)
Libraries: kpathsea version 3.5.2, T1lib version 5.0.1

Version was:
xdvik version 22.40v
Copyright (C) 1990-2002 Paul Vojta and others.
Primary author of Xdvi: Paul Vojta;
Xdvik maintainers: Nicolai Langfeldt, Stefan Ulrich

Don