[tex-k] Latex

Thomas Esser te at dbs.uni-hannover.de
Fri Oct 7 22:19:58 CEST 2005

> I am a newbie on TeX/teTeX. I have now installed teTex 2.0.1 and wanted to
> use LaTeX. Below is the list of procedures I'd make
> #latex
>
> This is TeX, Version 3.14159 (Web2C 7.4.4)

No, this is not teTeX-2.0.1, because you would get
  This is TeX, Version 3.14159 (Web2C 7.4.5)
if you were running teTeX's (2.0.1) latex.

I think that you have traces of something else around and this "something
else" does not work (at least it does not work any more).

Anyway, I don't think that it is worth looking at the old release any
more. I know that you have problems to build teTeX-3.0.

Please, provide the information that helps us to help you. Or, try to
use the package from sunfreeware. That package is already compiled,
so you would not run into build problems there.

Thomas