[tex-k] Re: first steps with libkpathsea

Patrick Gundlach texkml at contextgarden.net
Mon Jun 13 21:05:53 CEST 2005

> Why don't you add a binding for kpse_set_program_name() and let your
> users worry about it themselves?

Because I am using my own lib as well and if I don't know how to use
it, how should other users know? Some might but all others will
probably run into the same problem.

>> Is there any side effect of doing so?
>
> Well, if you want to find the stuff that, say, 'pdfetex' would find,
> than it will definately not help you to pretend to be 'kpsewhich':
> you may have false positives and false negatives as well as "normal"
> false matches.

It looks as if this can be avoided by supplying a second argument, as
stated in my answer to Thomas.

And I am not going to ask if this is a bug or a feature :).

Thanks,

Patrick
--
ConTeXt wiki and more: http://contextgarden.net