[tex-k] dvipsk

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Thu Jan 27 18:53:07 CET 2005

> > Please, please, please, please do not remove auto-tfm creation, some
> > people depend on it!!
>
> Great, glad to pull this response out.  Can you give me more information
> on a context in which auto-tfm creation is useful?  I'm not doubting
> you, but understanding where it is used would be helpful.

look at ctan: all the older metafonts come with tfms or instructions
on how to make them.

nowadays people assume they're not going to be necessary.  really.

the only tfms i install nowadays are those generated by fontinst or
similar.  the rest i leave for tex or something to create on the fly.

robin