[tex-k] header special extension proposal

Hendri Adriaens Hendri at uvt.nl
Tue Aug 23 09:17:49 CEST 2005

> You don't need to know about perl.  Just use it.

Often, the need for an external program (and `learning' where to get it) is
enough to hold people back from usign the software.

> That's part of what I'm afraid of... more feature requests for this
> extension :-(.

That's called progression. And sometimes, the view on things when
implementing it isn't so clear yet, but that shouldn't hold us back from
taking the step. It would be nice when we could already foresee that there
are exactly 314 possible applications for the extension, but unfortunately,
that is not possible at this stage, but that is very common with
development. We shouldn't be afraid of it.

> These scripts were mostly intended as proof of concept.  As such,
> I tended to ignore issues common to both approaches.

Of course. I just wanted to point this out that this needed some more work
before it could be used in real applications. Not everyone might have known
that...

Best regards,
-Hendri.