[tex-k] Re: dvips documentation is old [with patch]

Frank Küster frank at kuesterei.ch
Fri May 28 10:52:50 CEST 2004

karl at freefriends.org (Karl Berry) schrieb:

>     So here comes a suggestion. The patch includes also the additions for
>     papersize options, as discussed in a separate thread.
>
> It seems somewhat bizarre to me to mention the \includegraphics macro in
> the dvips manual when it has nothing to do with dvips (unlike epsf.sty),
> but ok, I suppose there's no harm in it.  I installed it, with changes.

I was also astonished, but since the old stuff was there, I assumed this
was intentional, and wrote a modern version. I would not object leaving
it out. But then also the completely deprecated part about EPSF macros
should be removed, and only a reference to the documentation of those
packages kept in the dvips documentation.

Regards, Frank
Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie