[tex-k] Patch to make Metapost work with groff.

Olaf Weber olaf at infovore.xs4all.nl
Fri Jul 23 10:19:09 CEST 2004

Olaf Weber writes:
> Michail Vidiassov writes:

>> Dear Olaf,
>> you wrote on Wednesday, September 24, 2003 1:57 AM

>>> Thanks for the patches.  I may have some questions for you once I've
>>> checked them out.  One thing that I'm especially happy about is that
>>> you included a test case.

>> But there were no future communication on the subject.
>> Do you reject or accept the patch?
>> It would be nice to have your verdict before tetex-3 release.

> For various reasons it landed on back burner.

> It's part of the backlog that I hope I'll get in.

By the way, one thing I'd noted is that the following is almost
certainly incorrect:

+    /* GROFF uses Fd to set fill color for solid drawing objects to the default, command ignored */
+    if (*s++ == 'F' && *s == 'd') return;

I believe it should be
     if (*s == 'F' && *(s+1) == 'd') return;
or something like that, as *s is used later in the function as well.

--
Olaf Weber