[tex-live] Re: [tex-k] TeX finding filenames with spaces

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Wed Jan 14 22:48:41 CET 2004

Fabrice Popineau wrote:

>I wonder if we are not simply wasting our energy in trying to let
>everybody choosing the smallest part of this big texmf tree to tailor
>his installation, trying to spare a few kb. I'm pretty sure the grain
>size is much too small.

at the collection level, we are talking about 58 items. I don't think
that is too small, at all. If anything
it should be bigger.

the package system tracks things at the level of work of individual
authors. for good or bad,
something like "prosper"  _is_ a unit, and it's worth recording as such.

>I don't know if there is another solution easily
>reachable but we could  save energy by thinking about it.
>
>Maybe a topic for Dante'04 (Darmstadt) ?

just need to make sure that people don't ask for a solution which there
is no manpower to deliver...

Sebastian