[tex-k] Encoding clashes with dvips(k) 5.90a

Tomas G. Rokicki rokicki@CS.Stanford.EDU
Sun, 12 Jan 2003 21:19:21 -0800

Encoding problem with dvips fixed?

The problem was, a font was being included in an EPSF file, yet
dvips was not including the whole font in the output file as it
should (since it has no way of knowing precisely what characters
the EPSF file used).  This will also happen with old versions of
dvips if you use characters in the EPSF file that are not also
used in the TeX file.

I've got a patch, but I would want to make sure the patch is
tested fairly well before releasing a dvips that includes it.

Here's the patch (checked in):

Change 2668 by rokicki@rokicki on 2003/01/13 06:14:26

        Fixed a problem where if a PS font in a graphic file was the same
        font as one used in the document, then the PS font might be
        partially downloaded despite the fact that we have no way of
        knowing what characters were used in the graphic.

Affected files ...

... //depot/Build/source.development/TeX/texk/dvipsk/finclude.c#5 edit

Differences ...

==== //depot/Build/source.development/TeX/texk/dvipsk/finclude.c#5 (text) ====

***************
*** 275,281 ****