[tex-k] Encoding clashes with dvips(k) 5.90a

Alois Steindl Alois.Steindl+e325@tuwien.ac.at, Alois.Steindl+e325@tuwien.ac.at
Wed, 08 Jan 2003 13:54:32 +0100

--------------060908040803000304030103

Hello,
I have reported this problem already in the newsgroup comp.text.tex; so
if you followed that thread, just skip to the end of the message.

When I included an eps-figure using fonts from the LucidaBright font
family, the letters disappeared in the (dvips generated) ps-file. (See
the attached test examples)
  From the answer in the newsgroup I conclude that the problem is caused
by partial font downloading. Using the -j0 option for dvips solved the
problem.

I think that I really should use partial font downloading, especially
with the commercial fonts. Therefore I would suggest to alter the
algorithm in dvips concerning the encoding: In the current version the
encoding vector is zeroed out at the beginning.

Best regards
Alois

--------------060908040803000304030103

\documentclass[12pt,a4paper]{article}
\usepackage{lucidabr}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\pagestyle{empty}
\begin{document}
ABCabc: \fbox{\includegraphics{lucfile}}
\end{document}

--------------060908040803000304030103

%!PS-Adobe-2.0 EPSF-2.0
%%BoundingBox: 20 20 120 50
%%DocumentFonts: LucidaBright
%%DocumentNeededFonts: LucidaBright
%%EndComments
%%EndProlog
%%IncludeFont: LucidaBright
/LucidaBright findfont 12 scalefont setfont
20 20 moveto
(ABCabc) show
%%Trailer

--------------060908040803000304030103--