[tex-k] LaTeX

Timothy Murphy tim@maths.tcd.ie
Sun, 14 Jul 2002 20:00:55 +0100

On Sun, Jul 14, 2002 at 05:35:16PM +0200, Sam Halliday wrote:

> i compiled and installed the Web2C 7.2 version of TeX/LaTeX on gnu/linux
> as it was so simple to install...

It's not clear (to me) what you mean by "the Web2C 7.2 version".

If you are running RedHat Linux (I take it that is where 7.2 comes from)
why not use the teTeX RPMs?
(Virtually all Unix users run teTeX -- which is an implementation of Web2C.)

Alternatively, you can get Linux binaries from the CTANs,
eg ftp.tex.ac.uk in /tex-archive/systems/unix/teTeX/ (approximately).

Finally, if you want to compile TeX I would start with the teTeX source
from the same place.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: tim@maths.tcd.ie