[tex-k] dvips -E producing "corrupt" output for rotated figures

Diab Jerius dj@head-cfa.harvard.edu
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 13:10:44 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I'm using tetex v. 1.0, dvips v. 5.86.  I've been debugging a latex2html
problem, and have come across the following unexpected behavior from
dvips.  If the latex source rotates an EPSF figure, dvips -E produces
"corrupt" output.  I've attached a short LaTeX document and a short
PostScript file to illustrate the problem (the file is simply a.ps
from the graphics package).

Rather than attach my output, please view it at

       http://hea-www.harvard.edu/~dj/dvips-E/index.html

-------------------------------------

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{graphicx}

\begin{document}
\pagestyle{empty}\thispagestyle{empty}
\includegraphics[angle=270,width=0.7\textwidth]{a.ps}
\end{document}

-------------------------------------

Here's a.ps (from the graphics documentation bundle)

%!
%%BoundingBox:100 100 172 172
100 100 moveto
72 72 rlineto
72 neg 0 rlineto
72 72 neg rlineto
stroke
100 100 moveto
/Times-Roman findfont
72 scalefont
setfont
(A) show
showpage

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature. Any help would be
appreciated.

Thanks,

Diab