[tex-k] xdvi's and dvips' lucida.map

Stefan Ulrich stefan.ulrich@elexir.de
Sat, 13 Apr 2002 23:14:38 -0400

M Shell <mshell@ece.gatech.edu> writes:

>  After upgrading pdflatex, I found out that a lot of teTeX distributions
> came with some typos in dvips' lucida.map (and psfonts.map) file.

> I just accidently found out that xdvi seems to still be carrying
> the same bad lucida.map file.

>  cat lucida.map | grep 850

> shows:

> hlcbot8rn LucidaTypewriterBoldOblique "850 ExtendFont
> TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont" <8r.enc <lbtbo.pfb

[...]

Ah, thanks, I've fixed this in the CVS. FWIW, with a current
teTeX-beta, it's better to use the xdvi.cfg provided with that
distibution instead. That file uses

dvipsmap ps2pk.map

which will be automatically updated by the `updmap' script in
teTeX, so it contains all the .map files in the current
versions. (The only reason we're not using the same in the xdvik
distro is that older versions of teTeX didn't contain ps2pk.map
IIRC). I should probably update README.t1fonts with a pointer
to this as well.

> In related news, by Red Hat 6.0 dvips acrobat-std-urw-kb.map
> has two lines:

> usyr StandardSymL <psyr.pfb
> uzdr Dingbats <pzdr.pfb

> Those should begin with psyr and pzdr, right?

It's psyr and pzdr in my ar-std-adobe-kb.map from
teTeX-texmf-1.0.2.tar.bz2 (RedHat 7.0); so maybe this has been
corrected in the meantime ...?

--
Stefan Ulrich