[tex-k] Swapping mf and mfw

Olaf Weber olaf@infovore.xs4all.nl
26 Nov 2001 09:55:23 +0100

Olaf Weber writes:
> Julian Gilbey writes:

>> the tbl table in mf(1) doesn't format; the error message is:

>> /usr/bin/tbl:/tmp/zman73chih:147: `.' not last character on line
>> /usr/bin/tbl:/tmp/zman73chih:147: giving up on this table

>> Not being a tbl programmer, I don't quite know what this means...

> I'm not quite certain how to fix this either.  As I recall, it is an
> old problem.

On second thought: the problem is that the raw tbl output is in the
manual page, rather than tbl source, yet it is delimited by .TS/.TE
indicating that it should be treated as tbl source.  Remove the .TS
and .TE and the manual page should format correctly.

--
Olaf Weber

Do not meddle in the affairs of sysadmins,
        for they are quick to anger and have no need for subtlety.