[tex-k] dvips can not find gbsongXX installed with CJK 4.2.0

Marty cogiim@netscape.net
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 05:38:50 -0500

This has got to be a rudimentary question.

I plugged a CJK 4.2.0 rpm pack in TeX(Web2C 7.3.1). When I processed a .tex containing GB Chinese, the LaTeX command could generate a .dvi. However, dvips could NOT find the corresponding Chinese fonts, mktexpk failed to produce one too, not surprisingly.

But I could see there are gbsongXX.tfms lying in $TEXMF/fonts/tfm/chinese/gbsong/. I could also see there were gbsongXXs, which matched those in the above dir, in the generated .dvi.

This matter has been frutrating me for days.

Any words will be highly appreciated.

Cheers,

marty.