[tex-k] Re: Code repositories

Kaja P. Christiansen kaja@daimi.au.dk
Tue, 6 Nov 2001 13:55:07 +0100

Thanks to Thomas Esser for the excellent explanation of how the
development and maintainance of different packages is interrelated.

The discussion, which started with the dvips development issues,
now also addresses the general coordination of efforts, shared
source tree, a web space, ...

This is a very exciting initiative and I'd like to suggest that the
project is brought under the umbrella of TUGs technical council.

Stefan Ulrich writes:

 > features the developers would expect from such a system (e.g. on
 > my wish list there would be: Bugzilla-like bug reporting system;
 > project home pages with all docs/FAQ's/roadmaps (like Fabrice
 > said: something like xemacs.org or mozilla.org)). Then we could
 > think about how these could be implemented (I guess it would
 > require some cooperative effort from us all, and we need to find
 > out how much time we can spend on it. I guess TUG could somehow
 > provide the needed Webspace, right? ;-)

Right :)

Kaja