[tex-k] A problem with -G of dvips (dvips(k) 5.86)

Xiuwen Liu liux@cs.fsu.edu
Sun, 1 Jul 2001 14:26:42 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Sir:

I found that the '-G' option is not compatible with some font encoding.
Specifically, when I use the times package by \usepackage{times} and run
dvips with the '-G' option, some of words are mapped wrong. For example,
all "fi" are changed to pound sign \pounds. Word "filter" will become
"\pounds lter". Without -G option, it seems everything is fine.
It seems -G option is trying to solve some of the problems. Without the
option, am I going to have problems with my ps files and the pdf files
using ps2pdf?

Best regards,

Xiuwen

Prof. Xiuwen Liu                             (850)644-0050(Office)
Department of Computer Science                  (850)644-0058(Fax)
The Florida State University                       liux@cs.fsu.edu
P.O.Box 4530                           http://www.cs.fsu.edu/~liux
Tallahassee, FL 32306-4530