[tex-hyphen] hyph-utf8 update

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Sun May 26 20:41:52 CEST 2013

Hi all,

I'm going to upload another version of hyph-utf8, most probably tonight.

It will contain some patches by Élie for the luatex-specific changes
(needed after upgrade to lua 5.2), updated German patterns that I just
receieved, some documentation updates and *removed* support for
Georgian.

Sadly it seems that I will have to remove the Georgian patterns. I've
been trying to reach the author since 21st May to get an answer about
the licence of the patterns and he doesn't answer. I also asked the
question at the very beginning, but he skipped answering that part.
Its seems weird enough because I was last in touch with him very
recently (the patterns have only been added in the last release,
together with Thai), but I cannot help.

I just realized that Georgian on CTAN
(http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/language/georgian) is also placed
under "Li­censes that pre­vent dis­tri­bu­tion".

Mojca

PS: Hans, in case that you are reading this - tomorrow's patterns will
be the ones that will go to TeX Live. The German ones will be updated.
There is no urge to update the patterns in ConTeXt for TL (that is: if
German patterns are the only reason to update ConTeXt, there is
probably no need to do so), but you might want to update for later
releases of ConTeXt.