[tex-hyphen] Changes in collection-lang*

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Sat May 11 11:37:50 CEST 2013

Dear Karl,

Here are some comments about the recent language merging:

- Turkmen is not an European language.
- Georgian is not written in Cyrillic script.
- (I would also say that "latin serbian" is not written in Cyrillic,
but that would only make it *really* confusing to have serbian split
into "Cyrillic" and "European" part, so the way it's done now probably
makes sense.)
- Mongolian: (may be) written in Cyrillic script and hyphenation
patterns are for Cyrillic - how does one know where it belongs?
- Afrikaans: how does one know that it belongs to 'other' and not to 'african'?
- It makes sense to merge, say, German documentation into
collection-langgerman, but I find it a bit confusing that
collection-langenglish now contains a lot of documentation that might
have nothing to do with support for English (for example xetexref).