[tex-hyphen] Bringing luatex-specific part of hyph-utf8 up-to-date

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri May 10 23:44:35 CEST 2013

    I would like to "hotfix" TeX Live

I gather you did.  Good.

    at least the formats will build and basic examples like this one:

Of course the formats must build, whatever may come.  And I believe they
did even before the latest fix.  (After the snafu with eplain/bplain, I
changed the tlnet update to abort if the formats do not build in the
staging test.)

    \documentclass{minimal}

Off-topic ... I recall Frank (or someone from LaTeX) saying that it's
not a good practice to use \documentclass{minimal} in general for test
documents, because minimal.cls intentionally does not define many
standard things.  So I just keep using {article}.  (I don't recall the
details, though, i.e., why {minimal} was created in the first place.)

Thanks,
karl