[tex-hyphen] Bringing luatex-specific part of hyph-utf8 up-to-date

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Fri May 10 01:13:23 CEST 2013

On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 1:16 AM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would be grateful if any of the authors: Manuel, Khaled, Elie (or
> Javier) would patch the luatex-specific part of hyph-utf8 to bring it
> up-to-date with the latest Babel release in TeX Live.
>
> Ideally that means getting rid of hyphen.cfg in hyph-utf8 altogether.

If I may, I would like to "hotfix" TeX Live based on feedback by Élie
and Khaled, so that at least the formats will build and basic examples
like this one:

\documentclass{minimal}
\usepackage[english]{babel}
\begin{document}
\end{document}

will work tomorrow. After that (and once we'll get more tests and
feedback) I would like to ask someone from the "MKÉ team" to fix the
original dtx file and everything else that might still need a change
in hyph-utf8 repository, so that we can release a new updated version.