[tex-hyphen] Thai and Georgian patterns, change in conversion code, approaching a new release

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Thu May 2 21:29:35 CEST 2013

Hi,

I forgot if there were any other pending issues about Georgian and
Thai patterns, but I committed the patterns to SVN.

Changes since the last released version are as follows:
- add Georgian hyphenation patterns and wordlist (by Levan Shoshiashvili)
- add Thai hyphenation patterns (by Theppitak Karoonboonyanan)
- cleanup luatex-hyphen module & fix adding a dialect of a synonym in LuaTeX

Once I get an answer from Karl, I plan to do a release and I would
like to ask for testing either before or after that.

Possible TODO items for hyph-utf8:
- import Thai sources (wordlists etc)
- adapt to the latest Babel (once Babel gets imported into TL 2013)

Other TODOs:
- It would be great if Levan could also provide support for
Polyglossia (translating the strings)
- It would be great to have at least one font included in TeX Live
that supports T8M encoding;
  there are files at http://tex.tsu.ge/files/, but they might need some cleanup;
  another option would be creating support within DejaVu package