[pdftex] hyperref package and pdflscape

Heiko Oberdiek oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de
Mon Jun 30 12:06:44 CEST 2003

On Mon, Jun 30, 2003 at 11:03:22AM +0800, Lars Heineken wrote:

> >Yes. This is a limitation of pdfTeX. Rotated or scaled regions are
> >not detected and taken into account if the position of anchors or
> >links are calculated. Thanh does not have the time for fixing this.
> >So volunteers are needed. But apparently nobody has time or want to
> >do the job. :-((
> >
> I would volounteer, but it has to wait at least until End of August. Do
> you know how hard it is to work on this problem ? I certainly don't have
> the effort to dig DEEP into the source code of LaTex,

* s/source code of LaTeX/web source of pdfTeX/
* Knowledge of the pdf specification is useful.
* It is not a patch that can be done in five minutes.

> but if Thanh could
> tell me where the problem lies and what needs to be done to fix it, I
> would give it a try.

One aspect of the problem is that there are only very few experts
of TeX's web code and unhappily they are not having much time for
explanation.

> The bad thing is that almost all developement regarding Latex and pfdtex
> has come to a halt. That's the impression I get when I surf the web on
> this issue. What's your opinion on that matter ?

s/Latex/LaTeX/

LaTeX3 --> see discussions on LaTeX-L mailing list and in newsgroups.
pdfTeX: there are still people that working on it, eg. see my last
patches.

Yours sincerely
  Heiko <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de>