[pdftex] Poor tabular in PDF

Mark Ultor ultor at unicity.pl
Sun Jun 29 04:04:16 CEST 2003

Hello,

I have a problem with tabular and PDF which I couldn't solve on my own. The
point is that in DVI my tables are looking fine, but in PDF they are really
ugly. This is the function which I use to generate table:

\newcommand{\makeinfo}[7]{%
\begin{center}
\begin{tabular}[b]{|p{\textwidth}|}
 \hline\rowcolor[gray]{.9}Info no. #1\tabularnewline
 \hline
 #2\tabularnewline
 \hline\rowcolor[gray]{.9}Description\tabularnewline
 \hline
 #3\tabularnewline % Description
 \hline\rowcolor[gray]{.9}Info\tabularnewline
 \hline
 #4\tabularnewline %Info
 \hline\rowcolor[gray]{.9}Recommendation\tabularnewline
 \hline
 #5\tabularnewline % Recommendation
 \hline\rowcolor[gray]{.9}Visibility\tabularnewline
 \hline
 #6\tabularnewline % Visibility
 \hline\rowcolor[gray]{.9}Results\tabularnewline
 \hline
 #7\tabularnewline % Results
 \hline
\end{tabular}
\end{center}
}

Table is generated using this method:

\makeinfo{1}
{The test}
{This is the longer test, this is a longer test, this is a longer test, this
is a longer test}
{This is the longer test, this is a longer test, this is a longer test, this
is a longer test}
{This is the longer test, this is a longer test, this is a longer test, this
is a longer test}
{This is the longer test, this is a longer test, this is a longer test, this
is a longer test}
{-}

It looks more less like that:

-----------------
| Info               ---- gray

etc.

I'm wondering if any knows how to make tabular this way that it looks nice
in PDF. I will be very grateful for any info.

Best Regards,

 Mark Ultor