[pdftex] pdftex 1.10a: Linux vs Solaris

Heiko Oberdiek oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de
Fri Jun 13 21:13:27 CEST 2003

On Fri, Jun 13, 2003 at 10:59:29AM -0400, Igor Khomyakov wrote:

> Heiko, please download the files at:
>
> http://awaresw.com/download/pdftex/test_solaris.pdf
> http://awaresw.com/download/pdftex/test_linux.pdf
>
> These files have several differences ... what I meant was that it is not
> just the difference in creation date field.

* /CreationDate
* Changes in the "random" part of font names that only contain
  a subset of glyphs.
* The linux pdf file have an encoding object that contains the
  differences for the glyph at position zero and the used glyphs.
  The solaris file contains a much longer encoding object, probably
  all glyphs, also the glyphs where there is no difference.
  Also the position of the object is an other: in the solaris
  version the object comes before the embedded font file,
  in the linux version afterwards.
* Of course the changed size and position of the encoding object
  leads to an other xref table.

Please no full quote at the end and please only one mail to
the list.

Yours sincerely
  Heiko <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de>