[pdftex] pdftex option does not work with standard TeX

Martin Schroeder ms at artcom-gmbh.de
Thu Jun 12 01:30:49 CEST 2003

On 2003-06-11 20:02:06 +0200, bianca-klein at freenet.de wrote:
> Two years ago I worked with a former MikTeX version. The header of my documents contained the line:
> \usepackage[pdftex]{graphicx}

Remove the option. All modern TeX distributions have a
graphics.cfg that sets the driver automagically.

[...]

> Does anybody know why? What's wrong? Please, let me know. Thank you!

You are not using pdfTeX but TeX (or you are using pdfTeX but
have disabled pdf output).

Best regards
    Martin
--
               Martin Schröder, MS at ArtCom-GmbH.DE
     ArtCom GmbH, Lise-Meitner-Str 5, 28359 Bremen, Germany