[pdftex] Re: (fwd) dvips/pdftex: font / buffer overflow

Kester Clegg kester at cs.york.ac.uk
Sun Jun 1 17:13:37 CEST 2003

"John S. Dey" <jsdey at mindspring.com> writes:

> I took trebuchet MS and tried ttfont4pdftex on linux RH8.  Worked like
> a charm.  Worked on acroread, gv and xpdf version 1.01.

I'm pleased for you.  I will one day try & tidy the script so it behaves
a bit more sensibly, doesn't fall over so rudely and uses xpdf rather
than gv, at the time I did it xpdf had a few problems which are now
resolved, and I believe the font rendering (on my machine, at least)
with xpdf is as good as AR.

But would be even better would be if I could get OpenType fonts to
work...

Kester Clegg				Dept. of Computer Science,
Research Assistant (UTC)		University of York,
Tel (01904) 43 27 49			email: kester at cs.york.ac.uk