[pdftex] possible metapost inclusion bug

Andreas Matthias amat at kabsi.at
Sun Jun 1 17:13:37 CEST 2003

Patrick Riley wrote:

> I have a bug involving the colors of multi-level metapost files, but I
> don't know whose bug it is and I'm hoping someone can either help me
> or tell me where the right place to go is.

> * I have a .fig file created with xfig version 3.2.3d. It contains some
>   black circles.

[...]

> * I create a tex file which changes the color to 0.0,1.0,0.0 in RGB.

The circles are not black! They have the color of the
current active color, which normally is black. But if
you switch to green before inserting the figure, then
the color is green.

Solutions:

* If you want them to be black, switch the textcolor to
  black just before inserting the figure: \color{black}

* Or insert the line
     0 setgray
  just after the comments in ex_plan-color-new.1 and
  ex_plan-color-new.2.

Sorry, I don't know how to do it with xfig.

Ciao
Andreas