[pdftex] pdflatex produces ugly fonts

Andreas Sliwka goff at gmx.de
Sun Jun 1 17:13:37 CEST 2003

Hi,
  why do pdf files created by latex look so ugly? Viewed in the acrobat
reader (lin/win/somethin else) the letters kind of hop along ... but
printed on real paper everything is fine. Why? How can I help that?

  A friendly mind showes me the following command sequence, which skips
pdflatex and produces nicer output, but it isnt up to match with files
produced by acrobat's distiller ...

$ latex file.tex
$ dvips -Ppdf -G0 $1 -o file.ps
$ ps2pdf -sPAPERSIZE=3Da4 -dMaxSubsetPct=3D100 -dCompatibilityLevel=3D1.2
-dSubsetFonts=3Dtrue -dEmbedAllFonts=3Dtrue file.ps=20

ByTheWay: I have no real knowledge of latex or PostScript or pdf, I just
use lyx (latex wysiwym frontend) and am very happy with it :-)

best regards,

mfg
--=20
If you know of a good signature, please feel free not to tell me.

multipart/signed
  application/pgp-signature
---