[pdftex] letter-sized manual on pdftex.org corrupt?

Ed L Cashin ecashin at terry.uga.edu
Sun Jun 1 17:13:37 CEST 2003

Robin Fairbairns <Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk> writes:

> ed cashin wrote:
>
> > William Adams <wadams at atlis.com> writes:
> >
> > > I've not been able to d/l and view more than the first page of:
> > > http://www.tug.org/applications/pdftex/pdftex-l.pdf
> > >
> > > (The screen, A5 booklet and A4 sized files all worked fine)
> > >
> > > Just FYI.
> >
> > I recall this coming up several times a year.  I think it is never
> > fixed because the people who could fix it are A4 snobs, snubbing
> > letter-sized paper.  ;)
>
> that is positively offensive to the hard-working tug.org
> administrator, who just recently regenerated the file to make it work.

Wow!  I really am sorry.  I included the wink emoticon, but apparently
this is a sore spot.  Of course I'm grateful for the work you do and
my comments were not intended to offend.

> please wash your mouth out with soap, or something.
>
> or if there's evidence that the file is still broken (it seems ok to
> me) why not get off your butt and do something about it yourself?
> it's not really necessary for _them_ to do every damned thing about
> supporting tex and so on.

Such flames.  Whew.  Sorry again.

--
--Ed Cashin                   PGP public key:
  ecashin at terry.uga.edu       http://www.terry.uga.edu/~ecashin/pgp/