[metapost] Metafun doesn' fill arrow heads anymore

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sun Dec 31 11:52:25 CET 2017

On 12/30/2017 9:14 PM, Franck Pastor wrote:
> Happy New Year to all the MetaPost users!
>
> I’ve just experienced a problem discovered by Ulrike Fisher in
>
> https://tex.stackexchange.com/q/408215/25768?sem=2
>
> when the Metafun format of MetaPost is in use in the most recent TeX Live distributions (2016-2017), the arrow heads are not filled at all, they remain empty.
>
> Try the example (in the LuaLaTeX) given by Ulrike to see this behaviour:
>
> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage{luamplib}
> \begin{document}
>
> \begin{mplibcode}
>
> beginfig(1);
> drawarrow (0,0)--(10,10);
> endfig;
>
> \end{mplibcode}
>
> \mplibsetformat{metafun}
> \begin{mplibcode}
>
> beginfig(1);
> drawarrow (0,0)--(10,10);
> endfig;
> \end{mplibcode}
>
> \end{document}
>
> The first arrow head is normally filled, the second is not. Is it a bug, or simply the new default way Metafun draws an arrowhead?

more to the fact that metafun evolve sin the "context" of "context" so
there is more advanced trickery there (in this case the arrowhead is
drawn in such a way that we don't get overlaps which looks bad when for
instance transparencies are used)

so it's not a real bug, more something not supported in generic usage
(you can try to force metafun.mpii to be used)

Hans