[metapost] Elegant interactive environment for Metapost / metafont?

Shriramana Sharma samjnaa at gmail.com
Sun Mar 31 01:55:53 CET 2013

Hi. About my intentions to work on an interactive tool it is certainly not
as a full fledged front-end in the sense of it can read/write any MP code.

All I wanted was the Hobby smooth curves algorithm. And even re that,
despite Taco's help by adding the requisite C API, I wasn't comfortable
with the actual implementation language CWEB or the custom build tools that
are required because of it.

I have since been more comfortable and had some success with extracting the
algorithm from Asymptote's C++ code.

BTW Asy has preliminary work on a PyTK based front-end called xasy. You
might find that useful and maybe easier to contribute code to (because it's
Python).

Shriramana Sharma
Sent from my Android phone