[metapost] Elegant interactive environment for Metapost / metafont?

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Fri Mar 29 16:34:34 CET 2013

On Mar 27, 2013, at 11:32 AM, Dave Crossland wrote:

> On 27 March 2013 10:09, William Adams <will.adams at frycomm.com> wrote:
>> Have to give up too much, and the Inkscape developers haven't been interested in learning from FreeHand. At a minimum I need:
>
> Did you file these as feature requests? :)

Yes, I've been doing this since before InkScape v0.42 or so.

>> I'd also like PostScript fills and strokes.
>
> What are these?

Select an object and specify a bit of PostScript code to be used to fill or stroke it.

>> I really miss Altsys Virtuoso
>
> Why not use an emulator?

'cause it's slower, and it requires that I go all the way back to FreeHand v4 file format / features, plus a couple of bugs. I've been seriously considering it though, but I'd rather have a new program.

I suppose I'll have to buy into supporting Quasado's StageStack:

http://www.stagestack.com/en_US/

but I'd really like an elegant, opensource tool which would nicely integrate w/ TeX.

Shriramana Sharma has made some posts here about making an interactive tool, but I haven't been able to follow them.

William

--
William Adams
senior graphic designer